1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are You Ready?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BRIMOW525, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

Snow plowing has been on my customers minds the last 2 weeks. Everyone keeps asking if I'm ready for snow. Not like I should be tired of mowing question but AM I ready for this winter. Alot of them say we're due for a good one. I still think it is too early to tell, but if you go with weather patterns, the last time it was hot and dry during the summer was 95. That winter we got pounded. Time will tell.
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

I just hope winter doesnt come too early when leaves are still on the ground. It can start snowing until the minute i vac up the last leaf
  3. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

come on BRIMOW525 think realistic we are in delaware
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I hope that we get a good ammount of snow here, I think we will.

I myself am not ready.

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Do you get snow in Delaware?:D
  6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Contracts are out, and I am getting the trucks ready.

I usually have everything in place for Nov. 1st.

It may not snow until late December around here, but I always use the 1st of November as the drop dead date.

It hasn't failed me yet.
  7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I don't know Nate, it looks like you've gotten a new truck this season!;)
  8. rtm

rtm Junior Member
    from Windsor

I'm ready, just hope we get more snow this year. Last year had one big snow in Dec and that was about it. I think Nate down in Ohio had more than we did.

BTW, nice board. First time here.
  9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite, rtm!:waving:

The western states were the only ones busy last season, the rest of us sat here and twiddled our thumbs. We all hope this one will be better!
  10. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

Last edited: Sep 8, 2002
  11. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Maybe this is a bad time to jab at someone. However "reddy" is "ready". An "i" should be "I"

I say this for two reasons. On plowsite.com I think we should still be professional, after all as discussed on a thread that I cannot find from last year this is a public forum.

Secondly I hope that one (not picking on anyone specific) is more professional in writing for business.

This may be a pet peeve of mine (and others) and I by no means say I am a perfect speller. However I type slow and then spend the time to proofread (as Chuck said). It is very hard for me to read a post with mispelled or misplaced words. I am not saying I have never had the same mistakes but I see a trend in certain members where it seems like posting quickly is more important then posting correctly.
  12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

13. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

CT, I think this is the thread you're referring to:http://plowsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4740

On that note, I've been to a forum where they have spell check in operation on their reply page, can it be added here? I keep a dictionary here at the keyboard to help, but occassionally one gets by. I remember Chuck posting a place to download spellcheck, but I'm not that good on this thing to set it up.
  14. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I will inquire with Chuck about it. Even with a dictionary a spellcheck would catch mistake that one may not see. I know they get by me occassionally.

Yes that is the right thread. What did you search for? I missed it somehow.
  15. Hoopsfan

Hoopsfan Junior Member

Try this spell checker site, it's free and works pretty well. After you download and install the program, an icon well be installed on your tool bar. To check the spelling and grammar of your post, left click the icon and it automatically checks your spelling/grammar and offers suggestions for misspelled words or corrections for run on sentences. The nice thing about this program is that you can use it on any message board, email messages or word documents.

Try it and see what you think. If you don't like it, just delete the program.

Getting a new plow at the end of the month and new speader.think this season is going to be a whopper!!!
  17. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

You just ruined it for all of us.

Just kidding. I hope it is too.

It's been 6 years since we have had a heavy winter. We are due for one this year!
  19. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

NOW, you ruined it :D

(But I'm with you, it's about time we got some decent snowfall !! :nod: )
  20. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I actually had a pretty decent 2000/2001 season, I hope the same or better comes this year.

And yes, I'm quite ready!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.