1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are you looking for a 2003 GM truck in Indigo Blue?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawn Lad, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Chevy/GMC 1500/2500/3500 are not offered in Indigo blue for 2003 and we do not know if it will be available in 2004. Though the color is available for Yukons, Envoy's, Blazer's, etc.

I painted two trucks last year to match, but don't want to do this with my new truck (different if it's a fleet truck).

My dealer figured out by talking to some big wig at GMC that if they have five (5) trucks nationally for this color, they will paint the trucks in the assembly line that color. I think it's a $175 for the "custum" paint color order.

I don't know all the specifics in terms of what is available, but I do know that two of the five have been locked in. I think they might have to be 2500 HD's.

I'm getting a 2500 HD extended cab with 8.1 L/Allison, trailering/snow plow prep, etc., either SLE or SLT (haven't decided yet) with a rubber floor. So you can customize to some degree. But I don't knowif they have to be 2500's or if you can get something else.

If you're interested in getting an Indigo Blue truck email me and I'll get you more information on who to contact.

Doug@bluemoosesnow.com

2. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

I doubt they would all have to be 2500HD's... probably could even be a comination of Chevies and GMC's The pontiac east plant make all models except crew cabs and they all roll down the same line... I know my local dealer had some 2500HD's and 1500.s in indigo blue... they still might have a couple of cab and chassis too

3. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Talked to the dealer again today... as long as the cab/chasis is the same on the 5 trucks - anything else can vary.

4. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

I stopped at my local chevy dealer today and saw several idigo blue trucks on the lot if anyone is interested... I don't know all the specs, but I saw 1 extended cab 3500 chasis and 2 or 3 reg cab 3500 chasis, 1 reg cab 2500HD w/ 6.0 and 1 reg cab 2500HD D/A and a 1500 exteded cab... all 4X4's some if not all the 3500 chasis were D/A they also had vans and S10's in that color too... my guess is that a local construction compay that buys all their trucks at that dealer wanted something and to speed things up they just ordered enough so that wouldn't have to wait for someone else to want one... this dealer never has any trouble getting rid of trucks... I know they had others in that color there last time I was there that are gone now...