1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are you Jersey/Long Island guys happy?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 24, 2008.

?

Happy or still want more?

Poll closed Mar 2, 2008.
  1. More snow!

90.9%
  2. I'm happy now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Please stop snowing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. When's spring.

9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

OK.You guys finally got some snow,So will we still have to listen to you cry about no snow?

I'm just teasing you guys!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  2. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I can only wish for another 3-5 storms like that last one payup ussmileyflag nothing too big tho :dizzy:

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW wesport

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

another 25 hours and ill be a little happy:drinkup:

4. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Hey yo- yo hey,
    Don't make me come up there!

I think I might be done with this snow BS after this year- even after this storm it's not worth it. Dumb ass snow.

5. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Yea same here. I cant go without snow for an entire month. this year was better but last year was horrible and I still have not recovered from last year fully. This will most likely be my last year, even though this last month of winter might bring more snow.

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I didn't do too well last year, but the aftermath from last year ABSOLUTELY KILLED my yearly accounts for this year. I lost about 65% of my yearly accounts this year.

Then since it didn't snow until last weekend, my "per push" accounts this year didn't make a dime. I haven't even broke even on my salt pile and equipment maintenance that I performed at the begining of the season.

I do mostly Condo Associations and run about 12 pick-ups with sidewalk crews, and this year I am going broke!

So yes, LET IT SNOW!

7. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

You took the words right out of my mouth NJ plowman. I regret it but have to get out of this business to spontaneous. Plus snow removal is all that I do. I would still plow if I did landscaping, but thats not my thing.

8. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I just realized it someone voted when is spring!!! Is he even from NJ?! His name is woody367. Anyways lets let him tell us why he would want that.:realmad:

9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Mn has had a bad winter too i think we are just a little over 20 inches and most all of that was in december. i havent had a 40 hr work week since the week of christmas. i hate to say it but i think i will have a different job next winter i cant afford to sit at home all day and wait for it to snow. i will still plow for my boss next year but it will have to be part time :cry: