1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are you going to chrage more to salt?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bike5200, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

With the shortage of salt. 2 questions

Will you take on other clients (salting)?

If you salt these clients will you charge more than your standard rate?

The guy I work for, just got a half tracker trailer load last week, and 8 plates from a local suppler. I have 2 and 1/3 plates which will do the properties I do for him. We should be out of the woods, in a few weeks down here. :drinkup::drinkup:
  2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Were not charging more right now, since were still paying the same!
    We will take on salting accounts, we are planing on the other company in town to run out soon, We will Charge them out the @$$ inless they sign a 2 year snow aggrement with is for the next 2 seasons :D
  3. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Clapper and Co
    thats just mean yet I kinda like it. I saw your other thread about bagged salt, do you really find it worth while to buy packaged salt ? I think I come out ahead by giving the low man a shovel, a bunch of emply mud pails and point him to the salt pile.

4. WI OLY

WI OLY Junior Member

I cannot charge any higher than the contract indicates on current accounts. A new account will be paying more.
  5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I will be adding a "salt pricing" clause to the contracts for next year........but no addtional charges for current customers for this year......
  6. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

last week i sent out a letter with everyones invoice stating that we will start adding sand treated with sugar beet to our salt since it is getting hard and expensive to find. no one called me back. With four to five more events on the long range forecast, i will be cutting it very close. If i have to buy any more salt at $130 per ton then i will have to increase there salting rates. I am glad i have it in our contract.