1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are you booked?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snowpower, Nov 6, 2007.

?

Are you booked up?

1. Yes

60.7%
  2. No

39.3%
  1. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Yes or no, and if you are whats your average total route time. I'm booked solid, one truck, salter, 10 hour route and about $1450 total revenue up to 6" To 12" it's about $2100.

Salt only events are about $450.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  2. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I would vote, but I work as a sub, so I'm all full up.

3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Well we include everyone! :waving: That would be a yes. Vote.

4. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

4 trucks
    1 salter
    2 shovelers
    1 loader
    2 end dumps

8 hours of plowing min if its wet of heavy 10 to 12 plus 3 to 4 hours of hauling out.

$5500.00-6000.00 depending on how much salt we spread

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I am solo and the route I have will take me about 12 hours by myself.

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Full 1 Jeep 75 driveways 4" storm 8 hours $2300 payup

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Pretty much full, maybe a little subbing though. My route as it stands now: My truck + plow 4" storm -> 15 drives @ 15 mins avg per drive (w/shoveling sidewalks) = 3 3/4 hours per route (once). Can't wait to start plowing!:nod: Each drive for 2-4" push is agerage of $45 x 15 drives = 675 for one push (actually comes to $735- some drives are like $55 per 4" push).

8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

3 Pick ups
    1 Dump truck

About 8 hours of plowing total, waiting for people to stop draging there feet, have 3 big bids out that will fill book me for the season.

9. I want to know how in the world you guys can book 8 or more hours per truck per storm???? What happens if you get hammered??? I only book about 6 per truck and sometimes am worried about that....What happens if it snows 2" an hour and starts at 5am and done at 8am??? Betcha everybody wonders why their lot isnt clean when they get there......

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Ive said the same thing in a few other post. I try to keep one truck as a back-up/ catch up truck, also good for doing call-ins If youve been in the biz very long at all you know if it can go wrong it will

11. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Im a sub and we are short a bunch of subs so ill consider myself booked.

12. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

booked up as sub and contractor. 3500 salting . 4 salt trucks . 5 hours total per truck maybe lil more or less. most the time more. roughly 5000 plowing depends on if its close to Sunday for churches or weds.4 plow trucks roughly 4 hours for two trucks and 8 hours for the other two. so i hope we get snow or ice. I've worked really hard to get here. first year i might reap profit.last year was good but not this good.

13. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

How often does that happen. Maybe once a year if at all. I see your point, and if I get complaints I'll cut back some resi's and give them to my friend.

I didn't seek this amount and would be happy with 2 hours or so less work, but I had a certain amount booked and a nice package deal walked in and sat down. Impossible to turn down.
    Having too much work wasn't my worry for the year, and if it becomes a problem, I will make arrangements to get them done sooner.

14. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Full
    City Sidewalks with quad <6" = 5 hrs
    City Sidewalks with Kubota w/snow blower>6" = 12 hrs.
    Total price = $1,200 per push.

5 Family & Friends driveways with plow truck = 1 hr
    Total price = $1,250 for the season

15. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Last year we got an unexpected storm in the middle of the day when I was out of town. I got a few calls wondering where I was at and most customers understood that I don't just sit around and wait for snow. One woman tried to chew me a new azz and she ended up looking for someone new to service her. In this biz the customer is NOT always right.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm never booked if the right job comes around. We only book around 4 hours on a 2 - 4" storm for plowing. You can't do commercial with a 8-12 hour route on a 2-4" storm. It's not how big your route is, it's how much you net at the end.

17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, but what do you know. ;)

18. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We have a Nov 10 deadline, however we will take on additional work IF it fits into existing routes, or if they are willing to pay for their poor planning.......

19. cod8825

cod8825 Member

Maybe where a little nuts in Kansas City but her it goes

Eighteen trucks
    Seven only with plows
    Four only with spreaders
    Four with plows and spreaders
    Three side walk crews

Each plow/salt truck has about 10 hour route in 1 to 4" with total of $1200 per truck
    Sidewalk crews have an six hour route with $800 route

I run all of the sidewalk operations and shovel at the same time. December 3rd is our expected first storm.:nod:

20. X-LOWBALLER

X-LOWBALLER Senior Member
    from Toronto

I thought we were booked but a "down on his luck" landscaper as if he could sub for us. I will throw him a bone and give him the bare minimum to keep him afloat.

We would like to do more on the salt but this year we raised our rates for the monthly end and lowered our salt fee. I don't think it was the best decision but it sure will be nice to get paid the extra $$$$ when it doesn't snow.