1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

are you ashamed

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jweyandt, Dec 11, 2004.

1. jweyandt

jweyandt Junior Member

Why isn't there alot of discussion on this page are you people ashamed of your fords.

F150 supercrew snoway 7.5 poly
  2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Don't have to brag about my fords, they speak for them selfs.
  3. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

We don't have as many problems with our Fords as others do with their Dodges and GMs :D . Less problems less threads. :waving:
  4. jweyandt

jweyandt Junior Member

I know they speek for themselves but i like to here more discussion
  5. jweyandt

jweyandt Junior Member

I think people go with dodge-chevy because thier cheeper dont want to go the extra mile and get something worth having.
  6. jweyandt

jweyandt Junior Member

I also have a question about my f150 when I have plow on it makes a howling noise sound like the fan is working overtime. Also my outside temperture gauge gives me bogus readings any thoughts.
  7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I have also noticed my outside temp gage reads cooler when I have my plow on. For example last july when I did not have my plow on it was around 60 degrees all the time and now that I have it installed it reads below 40 degrees every day. I bet when I take my plow off in the spring the temp will start to rise.

Wounder if ford is aware of this.

I also noticed it gets darker in the afternoon when I turn on my lights and in the morning after I turn them off I can see just fine. The truck also goes faster when the motor is running and if I turn it off it just wants to slow down. Could this just be a Ford thing?
  8. jweyandt

jweyandt Junior Member

Maybe you should keep the mad dog 20/20 at home if your experiencing these x files type situations
  9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I am not a bit ashamed of my truck. It's old and needs parts and repairs at times. ( all new brake and tran's lines and alternator this year) But it's been paid for for 4 years.
    I always took this forum as a help page.
    Ford owners asking for help and people helping them out.
    A lot of us have been there,done that, banged it with a hammer
    and that did the trick!
  10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Usually people don't start discussions bragging about their equipment. Last time I checked, that's not what this board is for. :rolleyes:
  11. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

i saw this, this weekend, it was insane. the guy at the dump (where i dump grass and leaves and whatnot), had a 99-03 f150, 4x4, 4door, with a V boss Plow on it. I about ***** my pants when I saw it. I dont see how that truck can handle it, and it must not last too long.

Or am I missing something, does boss make a V plow for 1/2 tons?
  12. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Boss makes a 7.6 V which is more sutible for 150's/1500's
  13. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Or more people realize how good Chevy's are, and decide not to speak about their issues in public. Sort of like a person with hemmoroids :p
  14. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

First On Race Day
  15. DJC

DJC Senior Member

LMAO.......very true!!!!!!!!!!
  16. captfudd

captfudd Member

I have all 3 and hands down without fail my fords have always come through for me.

I currently have a Chevy as my daily driver and am less than happy with it, in fact come spring time it will be find a new home!
  17. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

I own both a chevy and a ford. Owned a ford, got rear ended and bought a new chevy. Within a month I got another ford and more or less have the chevy sold.

Theres just something about fords.