1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are we done with snow this year?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by QuadPlower, Feb 9, 2009.

1. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

My area is some 20" above the seasonal average. I have plowed 23 times which is 3 over my seasonal average. It has been in the 40s for the last 2 days and the forecast for the next 7 days says 49, 60, 52, 39, 37, 36,37 degrees.

Are we only allowed so much snow for the season and since we got it all in Jan-Dec we won't get anymore?

Anybody see more big storms comeing for Feb, March, April?
  2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

my guess is everyone will start enjoying the warmer weather then it will turn cold again and probably snow , i doubt its the last snow you see this winter.
  3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I'll be honest I am so sick of plowing, that would be fine with me. But I doubt it will not snow again.

Which part of MI are you from?

You know what else will happen now to annoy us... the frickin lawn care customers will start calling to find out when we are gonna do thier Spring cleanup. One warm day and everyone thinks it is Summer!
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

well with this warmup it is going to open up lake erie again and give us the potential for some more lake effect snow. we had a small opening last week at Put in Bay and we got a good 7 to 10 inches in a 5 hour period here in cleveland. Did u guys see the 100 ice fisherman that got stuck out there and the one that died. There were multiple warnings not to go on the ice due to the warmup, plus that area was where the opening was in the lake earlier in the week.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Well, we could be or we might not be. Only One knows.

We've been done this early several times, and we could get hammered yet.

Just think about the Farmer's Almanac, so far, they've been right on. Cold, snowy Dec and Jan, warmup\slowdown for Feb then back at it.

I hope it isn't finished, way too early to not plow anymore. Not good for my employees either. I don't have that much to do.
  6. QuadPlower

Yea, I don't think we are done either. It is nice to get out side and do some work other than pushing snow around.

I like the idea of the lake thawing and getting some more lake effect.

I like pushing snow and I think as long as its winter then we should have snow. But dang have we had a lot this year. I'm also glad for the warm up to melt the piles so there are places to push to again.
  7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

59 degrees for Tuesday Feb 10 supposedly! Wow I can do some work on my truck outside it will be awesome!
  8. QuadPlower

Calling for 62 degrees today. What the heck am I doing on the computer. I'm heading out side.

I bet the car wash line will be long.
  9. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

don't be silly. we are far from being over this winter. this will just knock down the snow piles so we can stack up more snow. on a side note I am working on my mowers later today.
  10. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I am putting my plows away were all done. prsport

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I don't want to be finished until april 15 the weather is going to get very active after feb-15 through march -15 just wait
  12. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

No we are not done with snow or at least I hope we are not
  13. QuadPlower

23 degrees colder today and we would be plowing. 54 and rain right now.

Not suppose to drop below freezing for the next 7 days during the day, but in the 20's at night.

I also heard that mid Feb - mid March is suppose to pick up again.

I thought about firing up the mowers yesterday, but resisted.
  14. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

hope we're not done yet
    but i did buy a new mower yesterday and am putting a deposit on another over the weekend
  15. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

so does the farmers almanac say we are going to get more snow from now till april.. im on the fence with buying a new plow
  16. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

well they are saying 3-5 for chicago this weekend :bluebounc
  17. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

I hope were not done this winter. This thaw has got all of our pool guys chomping at the bit calling us for water already.

I know my boss wasn't looking to start hauling water until the end of march but we got a few calls already this week so we pulled the tanker out of the snow and got it ready to haul 30,000 gal tomorrow (thurs). Its going to be a fun day there.

a 130,000 pound tanker and all this rain we got here don't go together very well
  18. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I dont think we are out of the woods yet. I wouldn't put my plows away?
  19. If only this rain would turn to snow! It has been raining all day and they are calling for 20 - 25 mm more over night!

I think things will cool down and we will see the white stuff soon. I hope....
  20. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Forever working on that Dodge huh?????;)