1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are u running Timbrens on your 2008-2010 SD ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Eyesell, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I know this has been discussed many, many, many times, as a matter of fact I've chimmed in when I could.

I've done a search and I can't seem to find if anyone is using Timbrens on the 08-10 SD's. Reason I'm asking is my truck sits almost level with no plow. This year it appears my truck is hitting very hard over not very big bumps, and with only 15K on the ticker I know nothing is worn out. Last year it seemed ok, and nothing has changed...at least I think nothing has. There is about an inch difference when the plow is lifted vs. sitting on the ground.

My 2005 SD I ran timbrens only in the winter, cause the truck rode horrible with no plow on, but it took the bumps pretty well. I have no interest in swapping out timbrens every summer on this truck but am concerned about the hard hits the thing is taking on smaller type bumps when the blade is on.

Any suggestions ?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

11 views and no responces....

3. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

timbrens should only be used if your hitting your bump stops on the axle..if your truck sags an inch with the blade lifted why would you want to put those on? timbrens dont affect the ride quality.

4. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Sorry I don't have much input on this subject other then I have a 2010 Powerstroke with an 8'6'' MVP and do not have and don't feel I need timbrens and my truck sags about one inch. Anyway I don't know if you have posted any pictures but I would love to see your King Ranch.

5. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

One option is air bags for the front...

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

That is what I was saying, I believe I've hit the factory bump stops. When I had the Timbrens on my 2005 they did raise the front end a bit, and the truck rode horrible when the plow was off, so they do effect the ride. I took them off during the summer cause the front end bounced around so much.

7. fisherv

fisherv Junior Member
    from vermont

I just replaced the springs in my front end(09 350 diesel) and went from the 6000# to 7000# and made a big difference with the plow(8.5 fisher extreme v) on but not the ride with it off. They only cost 75 a piece and about an hour to put them in my self.

8. greggwim

greggwim Junior Member

I have an 2008 f250 with the 6.4 along with an 8'6" ez-v and I installed the timbrens on the front and rear along with an extra spring in the rear it rides a little rough when empty but great when loaded

9. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

08 f250 ext cab SD FX4 I have a Fisher ss ext V 8'6".truck sits ok without timbrens 40k miles so far. 5.4 no diesel for me.

10. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

when you install timbrens the truck now rides on the timbrens instead of above like the factory bump stops. this will affect ride quality. we bought an 06 sd that had timbrens pre-installed at all 4 corners and man does it ride rough when empty. but it gets a 9.2 VXT and 2yd salt dogg so that evens it out a bit.

on my 09 sd i installed the 7K AA springs that come on the 7k axle in the 450/550 trucks. my truck barely drops when i raise my 9.2 v and ride quality has not diminished much at all. the springs were 140 for the pair from a dealer. call around to several and find your best price, i got quoted 200 for a pair as well.

11. billy5715

billy5715 Junior Member
    from Boston

I have them in a 2010 F250 with a gas motor, 8' HD Fisher. The truck is driving just as good as it did before, did it to try them out. next time I will probaly go the route that others have and for the same amount put larger coil springs in. The Timbrens will not work if your truck is altered in ride height at all, I know people who have put them in lifted trucks and it's a waste of money...

12. Chipper

Chipper Member

JUST CHANGE THE FRONT SPRINGS. Really easy to change, costs less, no warranty concerns because they won't know what spring rate you have. You are not modifying the truck in a way the stealership can tell. If your interested I have a set of 6000 lb coils off my 06 F-350 for $50. Changed mine to 7000 lb because of the 9.5 foot V-plow.

13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Can you give me Ford Part number, this is exactally what I'm going to do. Thanks for all the information guys.

14. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Thanks BADBOY, it is under warranty. I have that and a few other things I need to take care. Going to make an appointment next week !

Thanks again !!