1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

are tow hook needed to install mount on a Chevy 2500?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by erty67, Jan 9, 2009.

1. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

I recently bough a used Curtis Hit and Run off a 05 GMC to put on my Chevy. The Chevy looks like it used to have a Fisher that was removed before I got it and the tow hooks are gone. The instructions for the Curtis mount say to leave the hooks in. Does anyone know if I can install the mount without the hooks?

2. 4u2nv

4u2nv Member

The hooks are still on mine... I believe they are only used for their original purpose, a tow hook. I don't see why you need them to install your plow, should be fine without them.

3. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

I finally got through to Curtis on the phone. The guy explained that I should have the hooks because they serve as a wedge keeping the frame from flexing in. I found a set from a guy I know who took them off his 01 for a Fisher MM. Thanks for the help :)

4. zztarg

zztarg Member

Yeah, the hooks work as a spacer with the Curtis mount. You could probably put in a stack of washers or a bushing to take up the space, but I'd definately take up the space!

5. erty67

erty67 Member
    from RI

got the hooks xysport Too bad it's snowing and my mount is still not on the truck :cry: