1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are they OEM parts?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MickiRig1, Mar 11, 2013.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My Wife works part time at a Ford Dealer. I need to replace her front brakes on a 08 Escape. She wants to check prices with her discount at the Dealership. They come in $5 more then Advance which has GOLD level pads and regular rotors. I ask the Wife if their parts are OEM? Why no, they are from AUTOZONE! What? Are people getting Autozone parts? Thinking they are getting OEM? They add 15% too? Make sure you are getting OEM or better.
  2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

That's crazy - our truck brakes from Ford are different than what Advanced sells - we put a set on once because we had to and ohh the brake dust from the cheapies..

North Hill? I grew up on Palisades off of Merrimen - can you maybe go get a Swenson's burger and just take a picture of it for me?
  3. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Even if the dealer doesn't get them from AutoZone, they're not going to be the same pads that came on the vehicle when it was new:
    With the way that AutoZone is known for honoring their warranties and producing good quality pads despite their chain discount store status, I'm a fan of investing in AutoZone's best pads (bought from them, not reboxed from the dealer) for any vehicle you intend to keep, even though I am a big fan of buying OEM parts when possible.

While we're on the subject, beware counterfeits...
  4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that is a dealership thing Micki.
    every single part that comes out of my local ford dealership comes straight from ford with ford part numbers on it.
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I was SHOCKED that they get parts from AUTOZONE! I am just trying to warn people to make sure if you are going the pay Dealership prices, you are getting OEM parts. The OEM parts are always better and last longer in my opinion.

Framer1901: I live right around the corner from Swenson's. We get food there at least monthly. I am 6 house's away from Dontino's Italian Restaurant on Linden Ave, off Cuyahoga Falls Ave.
    How about a picture of the onion rings too? They are the best I have ever had!