1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are they made of gold?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by derekslawncare, Jan 29, 2016.

1. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Just curious if anyone has experience with the cordless plow controllers? It sure would be nice to get rid of one of the many wires running around inside my truck, but man are they proud of them. I priced one today for my Meyer Super V-2 and was told by my dealer that it was going to be $500.00 plus shipping. WHATTTT? payuppayuppayup Just wondered if anyone had experience with them IE: Do they work all the time or do they suffer intermittent no signal issues or the battery is dead after 5 hrs (half a route) or anything else good or bad. Gonna have to know more before I take a second mortgage out to buy one. LOL Here is what I am looking at.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-WIRELES...10-/171969886895?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Aren't all of these new controllers big bucks? I just had a Fisher controller replaced under warranty thank God, if I had to buy it, it was right around 400 bucks! So that price doesn't sound so far off compared to the rest of them out there.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I can't keep track of the remote control for the TV I'd lose that in heartbeat

Let's face it nothing is getting cheaper

4. derekslawncare

Yeah, I kinda thought about this, but between the computer with its power cord and GPS cord and the plow controller and the USB charging cord from the computer to my phone, I'm sick of cords and it seems like every time I want to lean out the window while plowing along a curb or sidewalk, I've got to stop and untangle the plow controller. AGGHHHH.:mad:

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sno way has them.

6. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

They cost alot because the plow companies know that your $4,000 plow is useless without the controller. I'd think that some engineer could fab one up cheaper on the side. I'm not an engineer, so maybe there's something that prevents that.

7. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I'm keeping the cord. I can see that falling out in the snow

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Same here, I am waiting for Google mind control to come out in a couple of weeks. It's app only available to droid users

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They will loose money on you.:D

10. derekslawncare

Don't think that would work real well on my Meyer plow. :)

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

the controller only is wireless, the plow is not. You would still have to plug control wires in to the plow.

12. derekslawncare

I understand that. I meant I don't think a fisher control would work on a Meyer plow.

13. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Had a wireless unit on my Snoway 26. It was the old style and had very little problems with it until the main controller died. I had a choice when I replaced it to either a newer style wireless unit or a wired one. I decided to go wired. The wireless unit was nice but I don't have a problem with a wired unit. Just remember to have an extra set of batteries handy or keep it well charged.

14. derekslawncare

The Meyer one looks like it comes with both a 110 wall charger as well as a cigarette lighter charger, so that shouldn't be an issue.

15. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

This went by really underrated...LMAO.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

And right you are.

Actually you could make a Fisher control (or really any control) work on your meyer, it just would be troublesome, convoluted and IMO foolish to do so.

17. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

That's convenient.So when you forget to charge you can just plug it in while plowing and charge the "wireless controller",thats now a wired wireless! :dizzy:

18. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I'd love a wireless controller for my wideout.

19. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Controls for my Western's are $400

20. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

How do you pick it up out of the passenger floor pan without a cord attached to it?