1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are they all like this

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chasity2682, Mar 24, 2010.

1. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I have a new 2010 F350 with the V10 and I am reading on the dash that I get 30L per 100KM. Are they all like this or is there a chance something might be wrong.:confused:
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

In English is that like,12 per gallon?
  3. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

it equiles out to 12 gallons per 100 miles or
    8 gallons per 100 km
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

If you're concerned about fuel mileage you shouldn't be driving V10s. You are sacrificing economy for power.
  5. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

If thats what it gets than thats fine but if I am getting 25% less milage than what I am supposed to be getting then it would be pretty stupid not to get it fixed
  6. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

It not far off.In my 08 I get right around 13 mpg on the highway and pulling my boat I get around 10mpg. When it comes to pushing snow right around the 6 mpg.
  7. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

The best way to calculate mileage is with pen and paper. The dash display are close but do not seem to be 100% accurate
  8. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

How many miles are on this new truck? They take a little wile to break in(500-1000 miles). Also check your MPG's with pen and paper not the dash computer.
  9. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

You do realize that America is the last holdout on the Imperial system don't you? In other words the MAJORITY OF THE ENGLISH speaking world uses Metric.

10. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

So...What does that have to do with anything?
  11. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

And why would I give a DAMN about the rest of the English speaking world lol? Just because everyone else uses the metric system does not mean we should change.
  12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The Metric system's the reason I have 2 complete sets of all tools. Then there's torxe stuff. Do they make metric allen wrenches too? I ran into that on a new bike my son got for Christmas. He lost the one it came with and none of mine fit it.
  13. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i'm not gonna get in the metric debate, it makes no sesne to me though(the metric system). anyhow.

winter i get 8.5-9.5 avg mpg whatever that comes out to in metric and summer i get 10.5-13mpg depending on driving style and city/highway.

they arent good on gas, period lol
  14. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Probably for the same reason that the rest of the world doesn't give a DAMN about America... BTW check on some of those POSer "American" trucks and dollars to donuts you'll find some metric fittings.:mechanic:

15. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Yeah, they do, I've got some with metric measurements on them.

16. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Got to agree with you on that point. Canada adopted it many yrs. ago, and I still think in old school for some measurements, I grew up with the Imperial system, and some things I just can't convert...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  17. Snow-Con

Snow-Con Member

until something happens...then who is it the rest of the world comes crying to for money and manpower?

Seriously--they may hate us, but it's really impolite to criticize us while you're spending our money etc.
  18. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Oh please. Canada is not a third world country with our hands out. Our dollar is very close to yours, and has actually been at par, if not more in the last couple of years. We certainly aren't crying for your dollars! Secondly if the U.S. is such a great country, then why is it rated as #12 on the U.N.s annual best countres to live in (Canada is #4), so please take your pompous attitude and put it where your mama can't see it. Here's a link from a "prestigious" American paper so you can't criticize the source, although there are lots of sources that verify it.

19. alcook59

alcook59 Junior Member

I'm not positive but I think your referring to the human development index, in which case those statistics were taken in 2007 by the UN (although I could really care less what that organization thinks, there worth there weight in worthless sanctions and resolutions). I wouldn't really think it's the best source to go by.

Three statistics are used in computing the HDI; life expectancy, education, and GDP per capita. Seeing how you seem to be concerned with the dollar and cents aspect you might want to just go off the GDP PPP per capita index. The 2009 international monetary fund ranks the US as 6th and Canada as 12th.

BTW the study your pulling your argument from (UN HDI) listed Iceland as #3. If you have seen the news lately their government has collapsed, and they are bust. Even McDonalds closed down there stores (all of three of them) and skipped town.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  20. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

True, based on the HDR. Now you can put any spin on it you want by saying that " I wouldn't really think it's the best source to go by.", probably because you can't refute it any other way. The stats are, what they are, despite your feeble attempt to dismiss them.

Simple fact is that much of your industries are in a crisis, and many American firms are now sourcing offshore, or downright moving operations there. We don't seem to be having that problem here, now granted, we are not a major manufacturing nation, more noted for commodities.

Also look at your own suggestion, it is based on PER CAPITA! America is much bigger than Canada, and if taken with that perspective then of course it will be askew. Also, I am not fixated on dollars and cents, simply pointing out that we are not a third world nation with our hands out for US greenbacks as the previous poster seemed to think.

In fact we are America's largest trading partner:

As for Iceland, point taken, but with economies, things change quickly, and as you point out the stats quoted were gathered in '07. As for McDonalds, just another American insttution I don't support, but this one for Health reasons...