1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are these things worth anything?

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by Jefferson87, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Jefferson87

Jefferson87 Junior Member

My in laws are renting a Shop that these 2 street sweepers are on. They told me the owner said they could haul them off if they wanted. I went and looked at them today and I am not sure what to do.

My first instinct was to scrap them, but now I am not sure, they are pretty old which is cool, but not sure how much demand there is for them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jefferson87

3. Jefferson87

This one looks even older......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I love to look at old stuff like that...thanks for posting, I grew up on a property littered with old relics older than my parents, with trees growing through them, my brother and I spent whole summers playing in them and wrenching them apart.

5. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

Hold onto the second one. If you were closer I'd buy it.

6. xjoedirt55x

xjoedirt55x Senior Member

Restore them :)

7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the first one is a late 50's mobile, not really worth anything
    the second one looks like a late 40's early 50's elgin. again not really worth anything.

FredG likes this.
  8. Huskysteel

Huskysteel Junior Member

They arent typically worth much over scrap value. I know this post is dated but on the off chance your looking to get rid of them feel free to email me. At. Reuterhunter1@gmail.com i have been looking hard for an old 50s mobil

9. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

What are they worth... what do they weigh? :laugh:

Cool to see, but unless you find someone who wants to restore, they are worth what scrap goes for...

FredG likes this.
  10. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Scrape is at a low now, I would say if there in the way and need to get rid of them give them away to someone that has the ability to transport them. They are cool tho because of there age.

Huskysteel likes this.