1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are these light bars any good?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by russ130, Dec 26, 2008.

1. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

2. K_Man2000

K_Man2000 Junior Member

i have the 18" version on my truck no traffic advisor tho, its actually really nice for the price,the control is easy to use, they are not as bright as cop led bars but they are def bright and can be seen from a distance. i would reccomend iti paid 180 for mine delieved off of ebay

3. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

It's Chinese Junk...That's why you only get a 1 year parts limited warrentee. If you listen to the video you'll hear the buzz of the electronics inside. You'll be replacing it probably after 1 season if not sooner.

Fork out just alittle more and get yourself a Whelen, Code 3, Federal, Sho-Me as long as it's American it will hold up better.

You wanted advice... Sorry

4. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

it actually looks pretty cool, but it would suck cleaning the snow and ice out from between those top lights.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Are all their products junk?
    Saw some small amber lights for like $20...usually you get what you pay for though.

6. K_Man2000

K_Man2000 Junior Member

my smaller bar is def silent, but it is chinese junk, but they are so much cheaper then the whelen micro edge style bars i am totally satisfied and everyone who sees it cant beleive i got it so cheap

7. Brian469

Brian469 Junior Member

Chinese junk, buy this and you might as well send me your money and get nothing back.

8. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

So other than K man everyone else is just assuming and has no real experience with these? Yet K man says he likes his. What gives? Is it because this bar doesn't cost over $1000 that it is automatically 'chinese junk'. I was hoping to hear from other owners and while I am quite aware you get what you pay for in most cases. I am also aware that sometimes you pay for the name more than the product.

9. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

We're just trying to watch out for you and help you make a wise choice. Just be careful with those type bars.

10. Brian469

Brian469 Junior Member

I'm speaking from a reputable installers and distributors point of view, WITH experience.

11. vffdoug

vffdoug Junior Member

Where do you think most of the products we buy come from in this country?
    China
    Maybe you do get some better quality buying from an American company, but most of the stuff comes down to corporate greed. My fire department priced an American Made LED lightbar, the price was $1800, well I just found one made in China for $525 delivered to my door.
    I guess you get what you pay for, but I can replace this light 3 times and still save money.

12. K_Man2000

K_Man2000 Junior Member

its sad but true...we would all love to buy everything american, and yes the quality is better and it supports our economy, but the chinese just make everything for so cheap. I wish this bar were american made....but it would have been 3x the price, and i would not own one.

13. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

I have the votex 48" lightbar on my truck and love it. paid like 300 and no problems at all. heres a pic.
    [​IMG]

14. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

15. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I would rather have a $100 name brand mini light bar than the chineese copys.