1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

are there any problems fisher mm1

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLOWMAN45, Nov 8, 2004.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

are there any problems fisher mm1 say the year was 1997

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

No. I got my MM in 2000. Zero repairs. Although last fall I did notice one angle ram is leaking a little. Just added some fluid. I suppose evenually I'll replace it. This isn't the easiest environment on plow equipment.

I've also got one from '96 that I got used a couple years ago. Last year I blew a hydraulic hose when I caught a tree root at about 20mph. Yesterday I hooked it up and it wouldn't angle and the lights wouldn't change from the truck on low beam. I think it's in the grill connection. Little stuff.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i mean like on and off maintence that type of stuff im looking at a truck with that setup never owned a fisher just western and meyer

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

No, I don't think it'd be much different. Fisher recommends changing fluid every year. When taking it off, I put a piece of wood under the jackstand and make sure the lift ram is pushed all the way down. Other than that, they're pretty bullet-proof.

5. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

PlowMan I have a Fisher MM1 on my truck and it seems solid. I'm close to you so if you want you can see my plow and compare it to the one your looking to get to make sure every thing is working properly.