1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are the wings really worth it?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BOSSMAN21, Jan 24, 2009.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I have a 7'6 Boss Trip edge and I thought I might look into installing wings on it. How much do the wings usually run for?

2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Oh about a block or so before they start to get tired, then they just walk!.

No Really, you can expect to pay anywhere from 150.00 to 300.00 plus for a good set if you only do resi's, wings are not that adventitious, however if you do any ammount of commercial lots, they are worth your trucks weight in gold for a straight blade!!!!. Expect your productivity to go up by at least 25%

Hope this Helps :drinkup:

3. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I do 2 commercial lots so the answer would probably be yes right?

4. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

If the initial expense can be made up with a time savings in your route then yes, I would say get them!

5. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Ok thank you for your Input!!

6. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Wings rule, after now running them I don't want to plow without wings
    I do about 90% commercial and they save alot of screwing around in large lots.
    For small drives it wouldn't be such a big deal but for the lots I do they rule. :D

Plow went from 8' to 9'10" :)

7. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Hey BOSSMAN, try the BOSS wings. They are expensive at about $750/pair, but you will absolutely love their durability and design. We have tried all kinds of different wings on the market and this year tried a pair of BOSS wings, and now switched the rest of our blades to BOSS wings.