1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are snowplow shields worth it???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KSlandscaper, Dec 22, 2005.

1. KSlandscaper

KSlandscaper Member
    from Kansas

I'm thinking about buying polymer shields one can install over the plow surface once I repaint my plow. The thing Id hate to do is drill holes through the plow to install it...which you must do.

Has anyone installed something like this and do they improve the snow flow off the plow? Just curious.
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Made an old 6 1/2 ft plow into an 8 ft once. Added 9 inches onto each end. Used a plow shield since I had a weld at each splice. Shield worked great, Slips behind cutting edge at bottom, 6 bolts at top and silicone in the middle. Ended up with one gouge in shield after a driver pushed a parking chalk across lot and into snow pile.....Sold truck after 5 years with plow still looking good...
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I have though of one of these myself- concerned about condensation behind the shield- I was thinking about Rhino liner-ing the moldboard before installing theshield.

Anyone ever install then remove it- cause any rust issues?