1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

are push plates the same for fisher mm1 and mm2??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NHDIESEL, Jan 14, 2011.

1. NHDIESEL

NHDIESEL Junior Member

i know the electric end is different, but will the push plates be the same??

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

if the truck dont change then yep clip in and go.

but the mm1 used 2 plug setup. mm2 used 3 plug setup.

can be converted tho easy.

3. NHDIESEL

NHDIESEL Junior Member

cool, i'm goin to pick up a used mm2 plow. the only truck i have with a fisher plow has the older mm1 system. so i'll just hook up to the used plow and drive it home.

should i bring a jack to lift plow off the ground (then use safty chain to hold it up) or will one of the plugs work to raise and lower the plow?? - the mm1 has two plugs and the mm2 has the three.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

bring a come a long or good ratchet strap. thay dont run safty chain on mm2 like the old speedcaster and mm1.

and i dont think a plug will make it pop up to get home sorry.

5. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

My MM2 on my XtremeV it has a loop with a notch [not a loop like MM1 had]that the chain goes through on the lift ram arm.You should be able to jack it up and tighten the chain and lower jack and it should hold it up.No safety chain needed with the system I have.

6. NHDIESEL

NHDIESEL Junior Member

ok bud, souns good. thanks for your help