1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

are noma snowblowers any good?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BryPaulD, Oct 23, 2006.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD Junior Member

I am thinking about buying one. It's a 12 hp. 33" wide. I just wondered if they're junk or not cause personally, I've never heard of Noma. The guy I talked to says they're decent, made out of Canada. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks :)

2. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

They also make Christmas Lights and extension cords.
    There won't be a Noma on my Christmas list.

3. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I have always purchased Toro snow blowers htey have never let me down I have the snow commander that think works great on my walks.

RCGM
    Brad

4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I have a 10hp Noma 28" that my brother in law gave to me when he bought a snowblower attachment for his John Deere lawn tractor. It works fine for my driveway. Can't tell you how it would hold up for commercial stuff but when I get home from running the Loader after an all night storm and can't get in my driveway because the town trucks have made a 4' burm of snow at the end of my driveway, its the best snowblower I've ever had.:D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  5. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

I have to agree the Toro Is top notch In my books:)

6. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Its the only notch in the book. For the life of me I cant see why anyone would use anything but a CCR. For any conditions and any amount of snow.

7. Ducke

Ducke Member

Do you happen to have a Owners manual for your Noma 1028 ?
    I have been looking for months on the net and have found squat.

Graham

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  8. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

As Daner said, Noma typically makes junky plastic stuff here in Canada. Might be a bit of a trick to get parts for that if you needed. Definitely not a commercial unit.
    We have a couple CCRs and they are ok to use once in a while for a couple residentials when the snow is light(easy to throw in the back of a truck) but they fill up with snow easy (inside the case) and wont start when there is a block of ice around the starter or flywheel. Also, the scraper bar, rubber paddles and skid shoes are cheesy and wear out too fast IMO.