1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are modules necessary

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MR. McBEEVEE, Nov 23, 2008.

1. MR. McBEEVEE

MR. McBEEVEE Junior Member

I bought a used meyer and hardwired the headlights without the module. All lights work correctly, parklights, turnsignals, high and low beam, etc but the nightsaber lights are dim, both high and low beam. Does the module increase the power or something to the lights. A meyer sales rep told me they are necessary but i thought i read on here last year that they were not. New member needs advice. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Year, make and model of the truck would help to start!!!!

3. MR. McBEEVEE

The truck is 95 chev 2500 but I am also going to install a couple of used plows on 2004 ford f250. the plows came off 97 dodges

4. MR. McBEEVEE

I have checked and double checked the ground, even ran additional grounds to be sure. I know I will have to purchase different wire harness for each truck if I have to use the modules seeing as they came off a dodge. Maybe I should post this under the meyer thread instead of equipment repair?

5. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Did you put a switch in at least, or are you running truck and plow headlights at the same time?

6. MR. McBEEVEE

Yes, I put in a switch that shuts off truck lights andturns on plow lights.double pole, single throw, or something like that. everything works as it should except for brightness

7. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

where are you stealing the power from the lights from? might help to run relays to give them better power.

8. MR. McBEEVEE

I just tapped into the truck lights, then used the switch to send power to plow lights or truck lights, whichever is needed. thanks for the advice