1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are Meyers spreaders reliable

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Winter Green, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Winter Green

Winter Green Junior Member

I'm looking at buying a Meyers Pollyhawk spreader with an 11 HP. Honda for a very fair price. I'm hesitating because I have searched and cant find any one who is using one. There is a dealer in my city who sell the machine and parts,but I don't know him to trust his opinion. Meyers Diamond is a new product in my area, any feed back will be a huge help.
  2. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

i would get it at the rite price. meyer is a good brand and have good warranties . it has a honda motor so thats a plus and you have someone in your area to stock the parts, ive personally not owned one, but i have not heard anything bad.
  3. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

Although most of meyers stuff is plagued with problems, the meyer mate is probably the best tailgate spreeder on the market. I realize you are asking about the insert hopper, most of the steel hoppers are made by Swenson (owned by meyer), they are alright, though Henderson is more reliable. Meyer is very good at part sales and most dealers stock parts needed for repairs (lots of failures.).
  4. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

I have 2 meyer stainless spreaders, am happy with them. All the companies build em as cheap as possible and sell em at a good profit. There might be parts on em that are also on competitors machines . Thats the way the market works.
  5. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

well said.