1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are leveling kit keys safe to use

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by den327, Jan 6, 2007.

1. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

I am looking to install a pair of leveling keys on the front of my 2005 gmc sierra 1500 pickup.Are these safe to use.How much height will I gain from them also?Thanks
  2. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I have been running ford keys in my old truck for about 4 years.
    All they do is relocated the hook on the key so you can turn them more.
    In stock version, I would be a little concerned.
    But I also have a superlift suspension lift, so CV angles arent a much of a concern to me.
    you can get about 3 inches with the keys.

If you want it done right, buy a lift kit so you dont lose suspension travel and mess up your CV angles.

If your just trying to level your truck just try turning your tbar a couple complete turns and see what you think.
    just dont go overboard like a lot of people do.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i have installed a few kits. not to impressed . bad cv angles if turned to far up. and stiffer ride.

best get a real lift if you want hight. and look for a 1 or 2 peice sub frame kit for the front there stronger.