1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are Hide-A-Way Strobes Allowed?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Chevyboy, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

Wondering if anybody knows if Hide-A-Way Strobes are illegal to use in the State of Wisconsin?:help:
  2. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

as far as the law goes only off road however i leave mine on quite a bit between jobs and cops just wave when i go past them as long as your not pulling over people and only using them as a warning device you wont have a problem hope this helps you.
  3. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Stud bro, that whould kinda funny... "hey look honey, we're being pulled over by a pickup truck with a plow" :dizzy: I've never had a problem with them on, and I'm in NY! Wisconsin may have diff rules. You can never have enough flashers.
  4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

haha if i had a plow on and i was trying to pull somebody over it would be in a normal way of it id just smash in to u. boom pull over
  5. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

depends on if the cop's an A-hole or not. usually their busy responding to accidents, and if their not, they dont wanna be on the roads cause their cruisers are rear wheel drive. HAHAHAHHAHHAHA
  6. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I happen to know that almost every department around here has at least one 4x4 so don't think that you would be safe from them pulling you over if your driving stupid...:salute:

As far as strobes go as long as the lights aren't flashing white to the front you are probably not going to be stopped...of course, those same cops I know will tell you if your working (plowing, utility work) and not screwing around, just go work. The strobes on are illegal on the roadway....by statute below
    (ss.347.07 2) - Except as otherwise expressly authorized or required by this chapter, no person shall operate any vehicle or equipment on a highway which has displayed thereon: (a) Any color of light other than white- (c) Any flashing light
  7. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

Thanks for the heads up!!:waving: