1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are Buyers Spreaders Any Good ??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by papajnspa, Dec 23, 2005.

1. papajnspa

papajnspa Junior Member

Just wondering if theses spreaders are any good ?

2. bobcatuser

bobcatuser Junior Member

I am happy with my Buyers 600# tailgate spreader. I added a Karrier vibrator and haven't had a problem using bulk salt. The spreader was purchased from northrentool.com

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Buyers are one of the cheaper spreraders out there, but considering that ther isn't much to a spreader they work just fine. We run the Meyers model 36000 spreaders that have a 600lb capacity and we replace the motors every 2 years and do lots of routine maintenance, I don't think the buyers would be any different. Salt has such a corrosive nature, on a tailgate spreader there isn't much difference in the plastic hopper types...I would go for it if you can get a good deal on one. payup

4. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a 600# tailgate, works good.:)

5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I would really like to hear more feedback on the SaltDogg poly V spreader to see how IT is working out in the field. I've only actually seen one on a truck, and that belongs to a guy across town that has a couple of trucks. I was tempted to stop and give him a knock on his door and ask him about it, but didn't I may just still do that when I get on that side of town again, if his truck is there.

6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Still run one Buyers spreader with the exposed motor. Felt lucky if motor lasted 2 seasons. Started buying Snow Ex tailgate spreaders 4 years ago, no problems to date.

7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

They work really well got a 600# Buyers. I've had to replace the motor once. Make sure you keep a extra motor and coupler on hand just in case.