1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are boss v's good at back dragging

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by slplow, Aug 31, 2014.

1. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I have been happy with xtreme v but i have some things go wrong. One thing that is great about the xteme v is well it back drags compared to other plows I have had. I am buying a new truck/ new plow and was wondering how good the boss v's were at back dragging. Years ago I had a Boss 7.5 super duty straight and it did well back dragging . It looks like the boss v s and there trip edge blades have a different angle of degree on the cutting edge than there full trip blades do. I don't want to buy a plow that I have to add a after market back drag to do a clean job. I also do not want to buy a pull plow either .( had one and it did not work for me)
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I don't know about the DXT but the other ones doesn't back drag well
    My boss didn't back drag well till I started put my own 5/8''x8'' cutting edges on the added weight and height makes a better back dragger
  3. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

My dxt drags just fine.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No problem here.
  5. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I feel like it lacks a little in that department personally. However I am usually plowing at around 6 inches or more so it is tough to say. The lighter weight of the plow it tends to ride up. However I would not let that affect my decision on boss it is a great plow
  6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I can't say but can you back drag in vee?
  7. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

With boss yes, never had a problem
  8. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

i have the DXT and it back drags awesome compared to a straight blade. When the snow gets too thick, i put the plow in scoop mode and back drag and it peels up just about anything.
  9. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

does the dxt have a more aggressive cutting edge than the reg boss v?
  10. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

I don't believe so. I think it just is heavier and so it back drags much better.