1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Are Boss plow wings easy to take on and off?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Monsonlawns, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Monsonlawns

Monsonlawns Junior Member

May be a dumb question, but I added a few larger lots to my route this winter. I also have a number of residential driveways. I'm wondering, are the Boss wings easy to take on and off? (after initial install of course).The plow with wings on would be too wide for some driveways, but I'm thinking the wings would make a big time difference on the parking lots. How long do they take to put on and off? Would it make sense to have them in the truck and throw them on at the parking lots and then take them off for the driveways? Thanks

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

They're heavy, but one person can easily do it. About a minute per side off and on.

3. Monsonlawns

Monsonlawns Junior Member

Awesome thanks for the reply!

4. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Yes

5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

they do come off, one i had to modify slightly and have to rotate with the plow high up to get it off correctly. The other i drilled the stainless bolts that hold on the lock pin for each wing and have pins though them, they always used to pop off bumping a curb or anything, don't need that in the middle of a foot of snow all the time.