1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

are blizzard lights from plow suppose to work together with headlights?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by puredreamz, Nov 2, 2011.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

Basically i have blizzard lights from my plow with the switch, when i switch to plow lights the headlights turn off.
    If i switch to headlights plow lights turn off.

Also are the blizzard lights suppose to have turn signals, cause if so mine arent working. The truck turn signals work, but not the light bar (this could be due to an issue im having with one wire).
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The lights on your truck are supposed to go off when you turn on your plow light switch. And other way around. If your parking and turn lights arent working on your light bar, you need to get that fixed. Need to have them working so pple know when your turning etc....
  3. Kobie

Kobie Junior Member

Your turn signals on your truck and plow always work together because the plow Turn Signals are hard wired to your turn signal switch.

My plow harnest uses 2 wires on the driver side and 1 on the passenger side.

The driver side is wired to the turn signal and park lights,The passenger side is just for turn signal.It really does help if you have a wire diagram for your truck to know what wires to tap into,But you can test them to find out.

And headlights shut off when plow lights are turned on,Don't forget to check for high beams on plow lights then you'll know everything is working correctly.
  4. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

Everything is working except a 12v switched wire i forgot to connect, but turn signals plow lights, park lamp all wired up.

Is it possible turn signals arent working because of the 12v switched wire