1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

are all ultramounts the same size?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Nov 27, 2010.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i know they bolt up differently to the truck but once you have the correct ultra mount (truck side) on the truck are they all the same width?

i'd like to know if in the future i could just buy an ultramount (truck side) for a future truck (most likely an HD) if i can still use the HTS plow i just bought? i know they make bigger/better/badder plows but if i wanted to could i use the HTS on an HD?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

all the a-frame horns are the same size..u can have a ford, chevy dodge or whatever and the plow will fit

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Actually no, the HTS is narrower. They use different receivers and spacers to go onto a truckside mount. As far as I know they should work on a regular Ultra truckside as long as you use the proper receivers.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

the ultra mount is the same....is the same...

go to quickmatch and to a build on a f150 for example, its the same truck side mount ## for a 7.6 MVP as the HTS

i can fit the HTS on my f 250 or MVP or my wideout

5. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

perfect. thanks guys. that is what i wanted to know. so if i get a new truck i can just put a truck side ultra mount frame on it and swap on all the HTS parts and i am off and running. that is good to know.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I understand that, but if you've ever personally mounted one you would have seen that the plowside horns are NOT the same. You need HTS receivers and spacers to make it work. Yes, all Ultramount trucksides are the same for the F150 for example.......but HTS plowsides are not the same as your plows. If you plan to use an HTS, get HTS receivers.

I didn't mean to split hairs

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member