1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

are all meyer plow blades interchangable

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lowazztruck, Jan 14, 2010.

1. lowazztruck

lowazztruck Junior Member

i have a meyer light bar. its round like a tube i guess its a ez mount? im looking for a blade for it but will any meyers blade and aframe work. i found an older one but idk if it will work
  2. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

If its a real old a frame from the mount behind the bumper no. Otherwise yeah. Check Craig's list too Cuz homeowners buy 8fts. And then sell them later. And there's always 7.5s on there from people upping to 8's
  3. lowazztruck

how will i no if it works will there be a mesurment for the old ones
  4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

The difference is the A frame length , the EZ mount uses a shorter A frame to account for the mount being more in line with the bumper as opposed to the conventional style where the clevis frame was beneith the truck further back.

As long as the A frame mounting points are the same width as your Mounting points on your truck any blade assembly will pin to your mount , if you use an early conventional blade assembly on yours the lift chain will be at a hard angle . Not the end of the world , many have done it this way , but if I were you I would look for a EZ mount blade assembly or if the early plow you have lined up is a conventional style you could swap the A frame.

These are the part #'s for the A frames for a ST series plow (11" sector):

Sector X Length X Mounting width

13612 is the short " EZ Mount " A frame, 11 X 34 X 23.5

13306 is the Conventional A frame , 11 X 38 X 23.5

13306 is 4" longer to accomidate the mount being back further under the truck on the earlier models.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  5. lowazztruck

what is the sector. does anyone have a picture of this
  6. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

This is the P/N 12326 11" sector for the ST series plow .

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

There are three basic plow models used by Meyer
    The TM ( Two Meter)
    The ST
    The C-Series

Each one of these plows utilize diffrent sectors and A-Frames

Now the EZ Mount classic plows have utilized both ST & C-Series plows
    The older Convetional Plows also utilized the ST & C-Series plows and this is where the confusion comes in.

As someone mentioned in a prior post if the mounting hinge "Ears" are the same width as your Classic mount, the plow will work, but on the older Conventional mout plows have a longer A-Frame and can cause more weight canaleievered off the front end of your truck.

If you have a conventional mounted blade you can cut down the A-frame to match the length classic mounted model. You can also make ithe Hinge Ears wider, by utilizing a longer rear cross member and re-inforcing it with gussets off the side of the A-Frame.

I have done these modifications on several plows in the past and all have performed very well.
  8. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I agree with the above. I have done it both ways. I have used and modified a conventional (long a-frame) and made it shorter for use on the newer trucks. I have also lengthened a newer one for an older truck. Just make sure you know how to weld or take it to a shop to have done.