1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

are 8' plows interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hangnail, Jan 29, 2008.

1. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

I have a 8' fisher on a 97 f350. I dont know what model plow, but it has fixed head gear. anyways, I have some minor cracks and damage to the plow, I was thinking of repairing it and being able to use it as a back up plow, between my truck and a friends 92 f350. So while looking at used plow blades, what will fit, will the newer minute mount plows minus the head gear mount up?
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I assume the first thing you can do is get out a tape messure and messure across and size of holes. Then you may have to change out the hoses to quick connects and it should work. The plow itself is only hydrolic so it moves by pressure
  3. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

i believe it is a speedcaster plow if that means anything
  4. Bowrider

Bowrider Junior Member

I did the same thing last year. As long as the blade measures the same it matched up perfectly. I took an older blade and mounted it to a Minute Mount setup. It almost cheaper than having it welded if you find someone with an older blade. I paid $50.00.
  5. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

50 bucks, damm, maybe I will see better prices this summer.

good to know that i can swap plows
  6. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

SpeedCast is the plow. SpeedCaster is the spreader. I don't know why Fisher decided to make the names so similar.
  7. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

Yea I think the speedcast blade lines up but the pre-sc don't. A friend of mine bought two fisher blades at auction for $150. They were in good shape, just needed new paint.