1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic XP snowplow on 04 Chevy Colorado

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bartonj418, Jan 27, 2006.

1. bartonj418

bartonj418 Junior Member
    from ma

I keep reading about snowbear and Homesteader plows on the smaller trucks, and I thought you would like to hear of another plow available. I have a 04 ext cab Chevy Colorado with an Arctic XP 6.5' blade on it. I only plow my driveway and I have had no problem with pushing the snow with this truck and blade setup. Just thought you all would like to know.

Thanks Jeff
  2. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

lets see some pics!!!
  3. bartonj418

bartonj418 Junior Member
    from ma

Attached are a couple of pictures of the truck with the plow on.

4. 00 Ram

00 Ram Senior Member

cool! got power angle and everything? how much? where do you get them?

I looked at the arctic website, linked through this site, and all they show is these huge heavy-equipment type "airport" plows. are they the same people that make yours, or is it a different company?
  5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Different company try this one http://www.arcticsnowplows.com/index.htm
  6. bartonj418

bartonj418 Junior Member
    from ma

00 Ram, Glad you like. The plow is an XP arctic power angle plow for light duty trucks about 400lbs. I bought it from my local Arctic dealer in Ellington, CT for $2,650 installed. Arctic snowplows are out of Canada. It's not the same as Arctic link on the site. WWW.arcticsnowplows.com is were I found my plow and dealer. I hope this info helps.

BUBBACHUKA Junior Member

How tall is the blade ?
    it looks about 16"
    How did it do in the BLIZZARD ?
  8. bartonj418

bartonj418 Junior Member
    from ma

The blade is 18" high 6.5' long. PLow once during the blizzard and once after it ended. No problem just BIG snow piles.