1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic vs Fisher - Any Experience?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by giant, Oct 9, 2009.

1. giant

giant Junior Member

Hey all, I'm looking to buy a 7 1/2 ft plow for my Silverado 1500, and am torn between the Arctic and Fisher plows because they're basically the same price.
    I've used a Fisher before working for a friend, and i liked it, but this Arctic is appealing because they make it where i live (London), so replacement parts etc would be cheep, but i've never tested it.
    Has anyone got experience with these plows? any recommendations?
  2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

You wount be disappointed with the arctic.... Support the community!

Make sure you hang a 8' HD arctic on that truck tho... 50 lbs is not gonna make or break your front end
  3. giant

giant Junior Member

To anyone interested in buying an Arctic...

I went ahead and bought an Arctic SD 7.5ft poly plow for my 1500 07 Silverado. I only do residential driveway snow removal, and i have to say i do not recommend this plow for this application/setup. The lowest point on the plow are 2 bolts which have a tendency to carve into asphalt when backing out of a driveway, making terrible looking gouges. The plow frame itself also seems lower to the ground then the Fisher i've used previously (which worked just fine on the same model truck). Even with 6 inches of clearance, this is an issue.
    Now its looking like i have to be super careful, which is going to make this season a big pain in the ass.
    Just though id throw that out there if anyone is looking at plows for 1500's for doing driveways.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I've never used Arctic but I use Fishers and I love them.
  5. giant

giant Junior Member

I would concur, at least for doing driveways
  6. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

I sell snowplow and work on snowplows.
    I own an Arctic.
    I think they are the best.
    They are the least I repair and repair Meyer the most.
    It is a good feature that Arctic makes everything galvanized now.
    That was their only draw back was the powder coat did not last.
    This is the plow I have with a M3593 power unit and high boy mount.