1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic Touchpad/Electrical system question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by N2VSB, Jan 28, 2004.

1. N2VSB

N2VSB Junior Member

Ok... I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado Z71 with a 7.5' Arctic plow. I got the plow in early December, and I have already had the touchpad replaced twice. :mad: (Granted it is still under warranty, but I don't want this to keep happening!) I am currently using one of the "old style" rocker switch type controls (This is a lender from the dealer while he gets another touchpad). I am wondering if these failures could have anything to do with the electrical system in the truck, or are these or any other manufacturers touchpads known to fail regularly? Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Todd

2. N2VSB

N2VSB Junior Member

Anybody? It seems that these plows aren't well known on this site but I would have to guess that someone has had one. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Todd

3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I would suggest keeping the old style as a back up , Odds are if the touch pad fails again it will happen 1 hour after the dealer closes on a weekend and the "big blizzard" just started. And you will be sitting there wishing you had the backup.

I run meyers and have an extra blade, switches , lift pump , switches etc. It never hurts to have spare parts to keep you going.

4. N2VSB

N2VSB Junior Member

Thanks Mdirrigation, I appreciate the reply. I am new to the whole plowing thing, and was unsure as to whether this was/is a common prolem with these touch pads(regardless of manufacurer). Again thanks for the reply!

Todd