1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

arctic spring replacement

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by duramax8611, Nov 30, 2011.

1. duramax8611

duramax8611 Junior Member

is there a site online to order the springs for the sectional online, or do you have to go through a dealer?

2. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

You need to go through a dealer duramax. you have a few to chose from in northern Indiana. Riggs Outdoor Power (219) 462-4099, Westside Tractor (260) 482-8576 and Palmer Truck 260-483-6367 to name a few.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Just a heads up. They are a royal PITA to replace by yourself! If I had a damn dealer that would stay in business in Maine, I'd have drop the pusher off to them and have them take care of it (especially if your replacing alot of them).... good luck

4. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

Yeah the center springs aren't fun to change, but with the right tool they are not that bad to do. Our first tool, for the center spring replacement, was a modified strut compressor tool. Then we were fortunate enough to have Arctic send us an center spring install tool. Makes all the difference, now it's not a dreadful chore.

5. duramax8611

duramax8611 Junior Member

thanx for the help guys. I was at russo today and they are going to get them ordered for me. I have 4 of the middle ones to replace between 2 of my sectionals dosent sound like its going to be a fun job.

pusher: thanks for always helping with the arctics, it was nice to put a name and face together out at the openhouse at your place a few weeks ago. Waiting to hear back from cat on my new machine and then we will be adding another sectional

thanks again guys

6. PapaSnowPlow

PapaSnowPlow Junior Member

how often do you need to replace the springs? how do you tell they are ready for replacement?

7. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Papa you may never need to replace the springs. It's just a matter of the same springs tripping continuously over a period of time causes fatigue. If your springs are loose and easily moved side to side by hand you may want to think about replacing them.

8. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Without the special tool from Artic, you will never get the new springs on.

9. Joe Blade

Joe Blade Member

sec springs

I think the side springs go in nice with two small pc pipe say 18" long
    the center spring I think sectional has a tool you can buy ask pusherpro he can get you one. I think it cheap.tymusic

10. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Yup we do offer a center spring tool, about $50 and if you need instructions just e-mail me and I will send them over to you.

11. Joe Blade

Joe Blade Member

No matter what people say about you pusherpro I alwways defend you! LOL

12. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

You da man Joe!

13. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

tool

yes the tool makes all the difference...If it was only as easy to get one of those free hats...7 pushers and cant seem to get my hands on one...

14. plowinli

plowinli Member

I changed out all the springs last year on my 12LD without Arctic's spring tool, just had to think it through and it took about two to three hour to change all 12 springs.

15. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

Are these arctic pushers made by the Canadian Arctic Snow Plow Co.

16. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

canplow

No sir they are made by Arctic Snow & Ice Control Products out of Bradlry IL. USA
    The company has been in business since 1978.

17. Canplow

Canplow Senior Member

Thats to bad Im canadian and I dont here much about our Canadian made Plows I just purchased a 8ft poly and would like to hear feedback tips tricks anyone any Info tymusic

18. AOS

AOS Junior Member

Just wondering if there is a part number for the spring replacement Tool or will my dealer ( Michigan Cat) be able to just ask for it? We will be changing spring on our LD12 and LD14's

19. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Spring compression tool

Yup just ask the guys at Michigan Cat to give me a call or call the factory and we'll ship it out.

20. AOS

AOS Junior Member

Thanks pusherpro , I just try to help the parts people. David