1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic Snow Plows?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by (SIC) PLOW, Dec 13, 2005.

1. (SIC) PLOW

(SIC) PLOW Junior Member

I see there is a support forum for all brands of plows except Arctic. What about us Arctic guy's? I know there has to be some Arctic owners out there.

2. WBH Grounds

WBH Grounds Junior Member

Alls I know is the arctic plows we have here are nothing but problems. Maybe it was who installed them or what, but there is always electrical problems with them. Do you have the same issues or is this just me?:help:
  3. (SIC) PLOW

(SIC) PLOW Junior Member

Well I have 2 trucks with Arctics on them and after having a Boss and a couple of Western's I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Now don't get me wrong, my Boss has always been a great plow, never a problem (besides the weight). But the Westerns have always been nothing but problems with the pumps, electrical and the speed of the plow. The 2 Arctics have never had one problem after 2 years of pushing snow, they are fast, strong, good weight, and I love having down pressure for back blading. After pushing in my truck 1 night a buddy of mine went and picked up a Arctic, and just yesterday another friend went and picked up one after selling his Western which he always had problems with. Even my local plow service and dealer said they very rarely see Arctic plows come in for service and swear by them.

What kind of electrical problems are you having?

4. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I was not aware that Arctic offered down pressure on their plows. Doesn't Arctic use chain lifts with single acting cylinders to raise and lower their plows?

5. WBH Grounds

WBH Grounds Junior Member

How about this. All 10 blades I have from arctic have no trip springs like the Bosses and the Westerns. Whats the deal with that? Yeah it's real profitable having a blade that jumps sky high and loses its chain every time you hit a little crack in the road!!!! They could be faster to! My westerns can out plow these any day of the week!:cool:
  6. RayGauthier

RayGauthier Member

I have one think it works well with no big problems but I like my western more for the fact it's a uni-mount
  7. Big Ro

Big Ro Junior Member
    from Ontario

Are you sure you have an Arctic WBH??? No Arctic blade comes without trip springs. Every model, every size. If it's an Arctic, from Arctic Snowplows in Canada, then it's predominantely orange in colour. It would be surprising to see any plow without trip springs!