1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic snow plow ???

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by TerrForms, Apr 25, 2006.

1. TerrForms

TerrForms Member

I'm going to look at a used dodge 2500 that has an Arctic full trip 7'6" blade on it. Does anyone have one of these plows? Any coments would help. I haven't seen an Arctic plow before.
    Thanks JS.:confused:
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We have a few Arctic plows. They back drag great. The wiring is a little Mickey Mouse. All in all it is a good plow. I have a 9' trip edge, 4 years old with lots of hours on it.
  3. TerrForms

TerrForms Member

Arctic plow

Thanks for the reply CET. I didn't get a chance to even look at the truck and plow. Sold it off the same day I found it on Ebay. The plow looked pretty beefy! I plow a couple gravel roads and a few drives. The Arctic looked like a good heavy plow.
    Thanks JS.
  4. DuraMaxAllison

DuraMaxAllison Junior Member
    from Toronto

i think the best feature on these are the down pressure and auto float :)
  5. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

I parked my Artic next to a western.Fit and finish goes to artic,,harness goes to western.And as far as over all build or beefyness I hate to say it but the artic looks stronger.

As far as hydrolics I have no idea who has a better set up.
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There is no down pressure on a Arctic Plow. You have to hold the down button to get it to go into float and the truck might go up a little but that is the weight of the plow coming off the front end as the plow goes into float.tymusic