1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic Snow Plow Headlight Wiring Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jaynen, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

So I wired up my truck the other day for the light system for the plow. On the truck side everything works fine, as soon as I flip the switch for the plow lights my high beam indicator comes on in the truck and the plow lights turn on. But I am pretty sure its the plows high beams that are on because they seem to be pointed higher up. If I try to turn the high beam indicator off on the truck side then the indicator goes off and the plow lights turn off. Is this right? Or should I have high and low beams on the plow? The plow lights seem to have a 3 prongs on the back and its a sealed headlight so I cant see if there is 2 fillaments. All the fuses are good on the truck. Wiring problem at the 12-pole switch? The diagrams are very vague and the switch came with no paper work or even a which side is up. Its a 2001 Silverado 1500 with quick link 2 arctic plow with seperate drivers and passenger side wiring going to a 12-pole switch. Thanks for any help or insite.

2. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Edit: The high beam indicator on the truck stays on no matter what. Here is my switch wiring and what I did.

Attached Files:

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

and thats why i hate buying used equipment... you never know whats going on with it and how F'd up it is... Hope you can figure it out...

I'll have a wicked nice truck for sale for you in the spring.....

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  5. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Well I went down to the arctic dealer here and bought the adapter kit, came home to install it and it was the wrong kit (for a different year truck). So I went back and then they gave me the right kit (told them the part number I needed)

6. Crash935

so did it work with the right kit?

7. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I have the 767054 kit installed with the plugs inverted and this post is the result.

8. Crash935

why are the plugs inverted, you are probably picking up the ground on the wrong leg then and sending a false signal.

9. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

One plug has purple orange, and the other yellow orange. I am assuming that orange is the ground wire. The kit told me to invert the plugs and if I don't it will be getting signal from the orange wire. Will it cause damage to plug it in normally?

10. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Well I found the problem. Turns out a break in the plow light wire, on both sides... Reconnected them and all is good now. Thanks Crash935 for the replies in trying to help.