1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic Sectional Sno Pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chops90210, Sep 30, 2013.

1. chops90210

chops90210 Junior Member

Let me start by saying I have plowed snow for 22 years now. I started a small business doing driveways and have in the past 6 years moved up to parking lots. My question is this. I am looking to rent a compact loader or a skid steer this winter because I want to improve productivity and the lots that I was awarded are within 1/2 mile of each other and total 900,000 square feet approx. On the east side of the building there is heavy drifting that can sometimes leave 3-4 feet if snow when the rest of the parking lot is only 4-6 inches. Not all of the lots are perfectly paved. They are some very rough. I was looking at the arctic sectional pushers but couldn't find much feedback. It would be nice to maybe back drag a few docks where the heavy drifting is. Is this going to be a good unit for this. Or what else is out there?

Thanks

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

been running them now for 13 years best buy on the market. there is a section dedicated to the Arctic sectional down below

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

As with any pusher its going tobe hard to backdrag right up to the door. But as far as all the other aspects of the artic......go with it. Don't have tobe perfect when you lower it. And it floats over the pavement so obstacles are no problem.
    What size skid and pusher you thinking of running?

4. chops90210

chops90210 Junior Member

The compact wheeled loader was a Volvo L25F and the skid steer mc135. Like I said I am new to the heavy equiptment for plowing. And a lot of machinery is already rented out for the winter. So I am trying to go with what is available now

5. chops90210

chops90210 Junior Member

also where do I find the section in the Arctic Sno Pushers? I typed it in search and nothing came up.

Thank you

6. dieselss

The artic sectional snow pusher forum a few clicks down from where your at now
    Or web search.

7. 1olddogtwo

8. 1olddogtwo

I posted the link when you scroll down on the main page gotta go through a few more banners and there's a whole bunch more of call sally

9. chops90210

chops90210 Junior Member

Excellent. I will take a look. I just don't want too small of a machine for the blade I would like. It would be pointless to buy a 12 foot anything and the machine not have enough power to move it. But I also don't want to go too small as to make it a waste.

10. 1olddogtwo

doing some rough Math while I'm on the road.... are we talking 19 acres

11. chops90210

chops90210 Junior Member

yes around 20 acres total in 4 parking lots. 2 next to each other. 1 across the street. and 1 only 1/2 mile down the road. I also run a blizzard 810 and 3 pickups with 8 foot westerns. With some major drifting on the east side of the building. which happens to be all loading docks, it is almost impossible to get it out of there with trucks. cant lift the blade high enough. even if I can pull in there and get withing 2-3 feet of the building with a box and pull it back so I can move it away it will help

12. 1olddogtwo

it almost sounds like you need a loader more than a skid steer. has Jeff said earlier any Push box and keep you away from the building. with that being said the Arctic sectional won't allow you to steer better because it allows you to leave the Weight of the machine on its wheels. this will allow you to cut into the building and scrape alongside

13. dieselss

Not sure of your loader or skid. What's the hp of the volvo and I'm gunna ask what is a mc185?

14. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Volvo is 10k, 1yd bucket, 60 hp. mc135 is a 98hp tractor. I think you might want to go bigger! Maybe something that can push more than a 10 ft box.19 acres is a lot of snow to push, 3-4' drifts is time consuming, box will be filled up after 5'.Maybe find a local with a loader sitting around during winter that would work with you .Or lease a machine, could always get a bigger one during the season if you're to small. Just my 2 cents

15. 1olddogtwo

Had to fix my typo in the quote.

16. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

I run a L25b with a LD12 no issues with the power to push it

I highly recommend the Arctic sectional i am adding some more this year" HINT HINT PAT"