1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic sectional plow, chain to bucket?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sk187, Oct 6, 2014.

1. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I am looking at a Arctic 14hd sectional plow at auction. It currently has a mount for some brand of quick attach on.

I would want to use the plow as a chain on to the loader bucket.

Does anyone know if the current mount can be switched out easily for one that will accept a bucket?

This is the current mount
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

It's missing the "forks". Call artic, and or Ck there website. Very nice folks to deal with
  3. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

4. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Yes you can, just go and buy the bucket mount option.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

As said above, all you need are the forks and the pins for the slip-hitch. That is not quick attachments point for another machine.
  6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I should add the if your machine had a quick coulper, you would need a different set of "forks" if you decide to purchase and go that route. Your local CAT dealer should have pricing.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  7. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Why would you run one of these without a coupler? We started with one that had bucket forks like that. They are alright that way. So much better with a direct mount coupler. Have a set of forks you need if you want to make a drive.
  8. misterscapes

misterscapes Junior Member

If you need the parts let me know and I can get them for you. I am an arctic dealer. The forks are very easy to install with two people and two wrenches