1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic Sectional limiter kits?

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by lndscpe, Aug 10, 2014.

1. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

Anyone seen these kits, I have heard of them even got part numbers from Arctic for them. But I am looking to see what they look like before I consider spending the $200 roughly for each sections kit. They are supposedly a bolt on to limit the bottom blocks overall travel and crushing forces applied to it, if I understand it right. Anyone seen these yet? any pics? Hmmmmmmm:confused:

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

yes.....I used them last season. I have pics on my other computer....Think "H"

3. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

1olddogtwo, thanks for the reply, if possible could you post a pic or two of how they look and mount up. I have a basic idea of how they should be but would it would be nice to see a mounted pic. Now the real question is .......... did they help?

4. acs powerwash

acs powerwash Junior Member

Sectional Limiter kit

Could you please post a picture of this, we have searched the web and can't find anything on them except for on PlowSite

5. CaptCaveman

CaptCaveman Member

I have not used these limiter kits...while I think they will work well and are a great idea for a company that "does not want or is willing to train their employees". My advise is to spend the money on instruction for you employees on proper use of this snow pusher. It will get you more return on your investment. Dollar for dollar...where do you want your money to go? You can give it to Arctic or keep it for your company....Who are you trying to generate money for?

Just my two cents worth...

6. 1olddogtwo

I argee with that statement above.

My computer is in for repair, if its repairable, I will post Pics. Basic they are shaped in the letter H. The bottom of the H bolts to the push beam and lays level with the ground. The Top of the H sits behind the section a few inches. While pushing there is no contact.

I haven't seen the final design yet this year. There is a video of the machine stacking on my youtube channel.

7. 1olddogtwo

We do a lot of testing every season, I'm surprise no one has posted pic's of the test models. Few new toys to be released soon.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Does this mean you will be able to exceed 6 MPH?

9. 1olddogtwo

6 mph..,..is for those who try and float skidsteers across ponds.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  10. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

lmao.......

11. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I would like to see this video also. You implied in a earlier post there are changes coming to these pushers? Can you elaborate?

12. 1olddogtwo

I'm back home sort of. I picked up my computer last night, in Wisconsin now. tonight I'll post pics along with video. You can't see the limiters, just the unit stacking and climbing the pile.

The pushers will be a new style.

13. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Any changes to the blocks?

14. 1olddogtwo

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  15. Winteriscoming

Winteriscoming Junior Member

I use them. I think they are great for giving you a little extra ability to stack heavier/wet snow. However they are not designed to turn a sectional into a bull dozer. They will stop the moldboard from coming down when stacking fresh heavier snow and save your poly blocks. I think they are worth every penny with the right operator.

16. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

How much are these? I think I'll put them on all mine before next season, blocks are expensive,but the most expense is the time going out and fixing them

17. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

1-888-2-ice-sno...............1-888-242-3766

18. birdog357

birdog357 Junior Member

That's my boss right there.

Anyway. We built our own and have chains to reduce downward motion beyond what the blocks can take and custom manufactured lower blocks. I run an LD12 on a 244J Deere with all those modifications and fresh cutting edges and rebuilt skids, the thing is only limited by my traction. I can make tight turns without fear of busting blocks and can stack so much better. It's not a bulldozer but it's also no longer a delicate little flower.

19. 1olddogtwo

There is more then one to skin a cat.

20. Petepal

Petepal Junior Member

Do you have any pictures of that set up with the chains?