1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic sectiona 14' for JD 244J

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by AOS, Aug 12, 2009.

1. AOS

AOS Junior Member

Just wondering if anyone is running 14' arctic's on a John Deere 244J. I thinking of upgrading? Our heaviest snow events in this area run about 5 to 6 inch's and most are 2 to 4 inch's. our properties are smaller outside malls.
    Thanks AOS
  2. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

i would not reccommend a 14' on a 244j. we have a couple 244j's that we have one 10' and one 12'. it handles the 12' no problem, in wide open areas. we also just bought a 344j that we are going to put the 14' on. this is going to be one bad ass snow moving machine!!! maybe some pics in the future.
  3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I agree. A 14 is a bad choice on a 244. We run 10s and 12s on my Volvo L20Bs with out any trouble, but I would never risk putting a 14 on one. I am adding an L35B this season, and I am going to stick with a 12ft on it.

4. AOS

AOS Junior Member

Thanks everyone . The 12' is what I'm going with. I'm sure glad I waited to order.. That 344J is going to be sweet , I would like to see thoughs pics?
    Thanks again
  5. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Do you guys have counterweights on your machines? Ever have any problems with tires slipping? If you don't mind, how much did the 344j run you?