1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic Section Pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dirtybird, Dec 17, 2010.

1. dirtybird

dirtybird Junior Member
    from 02347

It's the cat's ass. That is all.
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Sweet! I was talking to Collin from Columbia Landscape and he loves his so far. Just like the BOSS BX12, both have the slip hitch and steel trip edge. Got to love looking behind you and seeing nothing but black top. Thumbs Up
  3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Please make sure to keep the updates coming on the Boss. What else have you run for pushers ? Just so we know your comparison experience.
    We started with a 14' Protec backhoe model, the next season we added a 14 HD Artic, this year I added a 14' Protec loader model. I personally love the Artic, but have questions about the long term durability & parts took forever to get, last season durring a heavy wet snow we bent both sideplates, however savings in salt alone pay for the increase in price, wear items, etc. We bought the second Protec due to these questions, after we get a couple seasons on it I'll see how its held up, but I've already noticed a couple minor things.
    If I were the one running them personally, I would run the Artic....but I'm not & the operators do require more training, caution, must genuinly care about your equipment & not push it beyond the design limits to run the Artics.
    I like the sideplate bracing the Boss has, it will be intresting to see how it works out for the & if they expand the line.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

If you ever need arctic parts or pushers let me know. They are only a phone call away for you!
  5. ColumbiaLand

The Arctics are quite amazing though and they really are scraping away the competition!
  6. Brian Young

Will do but we really haven't had much in the way of snow yet. Today we got about 4" of very light fluffy snow but my Lowe's was down to black top through out the storm :D Hopefully next week they're talking another storm.
  7. Brian Young

Hey man, I gave your number to another guy for a skid steer model. He was looking at them last year but thought they were too expensive so I told him about the pricing this year.....we'll see.
  8. ColumbiaLand

Thanks Appreciate the reference!