1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic Secional plow price & availability

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by Jay Conn, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Jay Conn

Jay Conn Junior Member

Looking for perspective from owners/users of the sectional plow: so what is the deal with these guys, sounds like from previous posts that they are a) hard to get hold of, b) have trouble with the rubber flex pieces for the sections, c) are expensive. Do they have a dealer network at all? Looks like everyone is trying to contact them directly to get pricing and they don't return calls, or buy them through the trade shows. Any dealers in Michigan, either the UP or northern lower Mich, or nearby in Wis around Gr Bay area?

What is the price on a 12ft & 14ft HD skidsteer mount, and do they have any dealers anywhere or do I have to contact them direct?
    Worth the 2X price vs other box plows?

Jay, Michigan

First snow predicted here for plowing: Nov 9'th
  2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have a dealer in my area. So I don't have to deal with Arctic directly. Which would suck.

I do have trouble with my rubber blocks. But, my boxes are older units with out trip edges. I just got a new one that does, So hopefully that one does better. We also had to learn how to use them. They might look like a normal box, but you can't just slam them around like a normal unit. Most damage comes when stacking snow. So when you push up, you need to be nice about it.

That being said. You will be able to plow faster with these. They float better, and don't have the same box drag that a rubber edge box has.

Price on a new Light duty is around $600 to $650 per ft. HD are more.

Yes. They are worth the money. I can clean a lot down to bare pavement every time. I can scrape off traffic pack. They back drag better than most plows push going foward. I can plow faster. I cut my ice melt useage in half last season due to the Arctics.

3. Jay Conn

Jay Conn Junior Member

Thanks Peterbuilt:

Sounds like you like em if you are upgrading to yet another one. Salt reduction is big. At 6-650 per foot they must have increased price since feb-mar given previous info from others posted back then, or maybe it includes freight and dealer upcharge versus the direct factory pricing?

Few more questions if you don't mind. what size is your new one, what are you pushing it with, and how much are the replacement rubber blocks. Hopefully the new trip edge will reduce replacements, guess you have to wait for snow to find out.

Thanks for your time.

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

No problem at all.

I have 3 10ft units. My new one is a 12ft. I push them with a Volvo L20B, a Deere 4520 Compact tractor and a ASV PT80 mtl. I also have a custom 12ft pusher that we push with another L20B as well.

The new one is going on an Volvo L35 with a high speed option. And I am tossing around the idea of getting a Deere 5083 and putting one on that as well.

I have been through at least 20 to 25 blocks. But I think that if the blocks get to much direct sunlight they break down faster. So now we have them all inside a shed. Plus once we changed out all the bad blocks, we didn't seem to break them as much anymore. Most of the damage came in december when the guys were figuring out how to use them.

Blocks cost something like $45 each. I ended up buying a case of them just in case we repeat our problems.

As for a power unit. Arctics push super easy. No where near the box drag as other "standard" boxes. I used to use an 8ft Protech style on my little Deere tractor and I could hardly push it. I would just spin and I always had to keep lifting the box to go anywhere. I also had to run in B range. With the 10ft Arctic I can run in road gear with no slippage what so ever. Only problem I have is, the box is super heavy, and I am always scared I am going to snap my front axle when I start to bounce while driving it from site to site.

I wouldn't have any trouble putting a 12ft unit on just about any skid loader over 8000 lbs, but anything over that mught be pushing it a little to much. You might be able to use a 14LD as long as its a short push. I woundn't even consider a HD model on a skid loader. The LDs do good enough.

I have a number for my dealer if you have any other questions. I am sure he could help you. He is getting in 26 new units, and has quite a few used ones on site.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

arctic boxs

i been around and have used these boxes for the last 7 years or so simply put.... they kick ass. yes there is bit of a learning curve too them and yes the new have trip edges,

the rubber block will take a beating ,u can lose 2 of the 4 of each on the sectional piece, ramming hard pack ice is tuff on them, but if u start lifting a little before the pile your golden, that at the end of plowing do your final tuck

the HD is wrong four a skidder u want an LD. they are all Heavy Duty the only difference with the LD is a shorter mold board and weight

if u have any question shoot a p.m ill give u my number

snow 08 025.jpg
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm getting pricing on an early order for 50 blades and I'll know for sure if I'm getting them in the next 2 weeks. If your interested post here again or PM me. They are by far the best pusher you have ever used hands down.
  7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

get out................ do tell???

u deal "n"???
  8. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I spoke with Steve at the SIMA show about them & concerns with regards to not returning email, etc. He assured me they are well aware of the issues & are working on it, growing pains basiclly, as well as distrubution channels as I understand.
  9. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I called them over 2 weeks ago and they haven't called me back. As far as I'm concerned they may have a great product but if you can't get customer service what's the point.
  10. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Jay Con go to Michigan Cat.