1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic pusher for loader

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by ColumbiaLand, Aug 14, 2009.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Ive seen many nice things about these pushers so much to the point that I'm considering buying one and scraping the protech with the rubberedge. Do you have to buy directly from Arctic or do they have any dealers in the northeast. Any idea what 12' backhoe/loader model would cost. Any feedback would be great thanks

2. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

I looked into purchasing a couple of these last month, I called Arctic and spoke with a gentleman named Donovan he explaned they do not sell directly from the factory. He was very helpful in giving me the location of local dealer. If you call they will help you locate a dealer near you.

http://www.sectionalplow.com/sectional-sno-plow/

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  3. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I ran Arctic on backhoes and loaders for about eight years. The company I used to work for bought a Horst to see how well they performed and they kicked a$$. I'm sold on the product.
    As far as I know you can buy direct from the factory (Canadian) and my old boss had actually set up a distributorship with a friend nearby where we were based out of. I think Horst is ready to grow and dealerships may be available in the U.S..

Any dealers or others interested reading may want to look into this.

I like Arctic plows and only wish Horst would go with their compression spring system. I would say that is Arctics strong point and used the same Arctic plow for many seasons with few problems. In my opinion though Horst is a better plow and from experience they listen to their customers for their wants and needs.

Good luck! Shopping around is fun.

4. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

12' Sectional plow for loader

I purchased mine for my Case W14b loader last year and Love it!!, cost at that time was somewhere around the $7000 bracket, sorry without looking it up I can't exactly remember the cost. My pricing was also bought on a show special pricing. I'm not sure what their costing today, but I love using it on the loader and the cost was well worth it to me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps some.

P1010383.jpg

5. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You may have mistaken Arctic plows with Arcic pushers. I think its the pushers hes asking about.

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

8. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

You are correct as usual.

9. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

10. 4man

4man Junior Member

11. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

4Man the Sectional on the Bobcat Is an LD-10. I wouldn't go any larger on that size machine.

12. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Indscpe: So how much did the skidder pusher cost then?

13. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Current list price on the LD-10 is $5899.00 plus freight.

14. 4man

4man Junior Member

What about a s300 would that take a 12LD
    Or a 304J 73hp w/ 1.5 yd bucket would it take a 12HD?

15. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

i run 12 ld on my 304. They are truely 13'6" but still have never had a problem. just had wet snow and i will never plow with anything else that arctic again amazing

16. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

The S300 will handle a 12 but if it were me I would run a 10' when its wet and heavy you'll thank me. The 304J would be better suited to the LD14 than the HD12. The HD has a 1000 lbs on the LD.

17. 4man

4man Junior Member

Thanks but a 14ld would be kinda hard to run down the street. Do they make a plate to attach to the pusher to run it longways down the road? I think I saw one o
    n a utube video.

18. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

We have something in the wings that I'm not at liberty to divulge yet. But it will be better than that.

19. 4man

4man Junior Member

20. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Do you still have the video? That would be great for a few properties I'm looking at for next year.