1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

arctic pump

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by apalermo, Oct 29, 2004.

1. apalermo

apalermo Member

hey gang.can you tell me what you think of the arctic pump.is it slow like people say.thanks.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Which plow and pump do you have?

3. apalermo

apalermo Member

arctic

i have a arctic 7.6 poly heavy duty

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Is the pump and motor behind a black cover or out in the open that you can see.

5. apalermo

apalermo Member

arctic

actually it is in the open,the motor has a black casing with the pump nest to it in the open.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

This unit should be fairly quick. Is it slow up and side to side or going down?

7. apalermo

apalermo Member

arctic

i don't know,just bought it.thanks for the info.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Did you buy this brand new?

9. apalermo

apalermo Member

arctic

2 years old.oil does not smell.10 hrs use.new looking and i mean new.what are your thoughts.

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Everything should be fine. You have to use the Arctic pump fluid. It is blue and looks like windshield washer fluid. Did you buy this from the auto trader?

11. apalermo

apalermo Member

arctic

well,he just put it in the trader and the plowsite.com.i found it from the site.cutting edge is brand new.looks like he never used this plow.so the pumps are fast.

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i wanna to see there website anyone have a link

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The plow should be as fast as any. The only thing I recomend for the off season is to get the plow inside. If you can't do this then unbolt the motor assembly and take that in.

14. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

15. Raydon

Raydon Member

I had my Arctic serviced by an Arctic dealer and the fluid he put in was red.