1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

arctic plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Jun 1, 2003.

1. what do you guys think of arctic plows.....
    or snow way...
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Arctic makes a good strong plow,just make sure you have a local dealer nearby who can provide support for it,as not everyone does.Same goes for the Snoway.We have a few Snoway's and they have been good plows,just very poor structural quality.Once beefed up and repaired they have been just fine.The newer models may be built better now.The downpressure system is also a very nice option.It can be used for both backdragging and normal plowing and scrapes much better than a conventional plow.
  3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Arctic plows look to be well constructed. I have seen a few Chevy dealers around here selling trucks with them mounted. Good luck.

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i have a friend with a sno-way snowplow and he loves it. the down pressure is great for scraping and back blading.;)

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Arctic was at the symposium in St Louis last year, and I thought they looked like a tough plow. If the color was red, you would swear they were westerns. Lots of similarities.
  6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Symposium, in St Louis? Will there be another one this year? The NY BBQ is a little far for me, but I can do St. Louis! Thanks for the info!
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Snowybowtie, this year the symposium is in Buffalo. Each year they have it in a different city. Year before last was Denver, before that was Portland, Me. Unfortunately, that year I learned about it about two months too late :( .

I forget where it is next year.
  8. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Artic rep was at my shop last week. Funny thing is that they even say they are Western take off's. They use the Western pattern for the blade assembly. It would take alot of $$$ and I still would think twice about the plow as a whole package for purchase. The mounting system and assembly leave alot to be desired IMO when compared to the others on the market. They are a few steps behind when it comes to current products. Price can be lower that some of the other plows but you get what you pay for.

Remember just my .02. They are a well built unit but I'd opt for other plow's first.
  9. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I believe the 2004 SIMA Symposium is slated for Minneapolis, MN at this point.

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Minneapolis, I can do that, Buffalo is too far to drive, but I would love to attend one, so I guess it will be next year. Thanks guys!