1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic or Downeaster

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Brando55, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Brando55

Brando55 Member

I am in need of a bigger salter this year. I am stuck between the Arctic electric poly and the Downeaster electric poly. Anyone who has either of these or has had experience please give me your opinions.

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

IDK if this is going to help you decide but we just bought and installed a Downeaster 2.0 yrd poly V box in our dump. It was a very simple install, only 4 wires to hook up. The only bad things were we were shorted an inverted V but I guess its on the way and the main wires to the rear were too short and I guess they are making or made a pig tail thats on the way. It looks like it is built well, it has a few features some of the other's didnt....came with a inverted V, a large vibrator, dual electric and a controller with a spinner speed control. I also like the fact that it takes about 3 seconds to remove the spinner shoot if I need to trailer something. So far Ive had great luck with Downeaster. Our dump bed insert has worked very well over the years and I expect this to do the same.