1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic M683 problems

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by slushmonkey, Aug 20, 2012.

1. slushmonkey

slushmonkey Junior Member

Hi, I'm a new member as of a few moments ago,
    I have a question , I recently purchased an Older Arctic plow, with a monarch m683 hydraulic unit. The plow hasn't been used for 10 years, during which it was stored outside. I have it set up on a shop floor with all the wires and lines hooked up to see if it works before I go to the trouble of installing it. The controller activates the pump motor and the respective cylinders make a tiny movement, I don't hear a clicking of the solenoid valves at the same time. The fluid level seems fine. I was wondering if someone out there had any suggestions before I tear into the unit? I'll be thankfull for any info.
  2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

Take a wire brush to all the plugs land connections
  3. slushmonkey

slushmonkey Junior Member

Thanks for your reply, I did clean all the plug connections, and they looked like they needed it, the control box activates the solenoid that runs the motor, but the valves that control the cylinders are housed in the unit, and I don't think they are responding as I do not hear a click, I'm thinking they would ground to the housing of the unit, so maybe I have a broken power wire. Thanks again.