1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arctic 9 foot V-plow , 2010 F-550

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 2robinhood, Jan 20, 2011.

1. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

Tomorrow I will start the install of an Arctic 9 foot V-plow.
    It is going on a 2010 Ford F-550 dump.
    All galvanized steel, poly mull board, and trip edge cutting edge.
    Here are some pictures of the assemble of the plow itself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  2. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

3. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

4. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

5. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

Double lift chains, 2 inch lift cylinder.
    Platinum series ploy mull board.
    Double acting swing cylinders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

very nice set up, looks like a mean plow to push with, I don't know much about them so keep us posted on how they work out

8. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

Great plows, check out my other thread.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=115094

9. MnM

MnM Senior Member

that thing looks quality. never saw them before. keep us informed on the performance.......looks like you have quite a few of them so you must be satisfied with their construction

10. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Looks like a well built plow, good luck with it. Post some action pics when you get some.

11. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Looks beefy. But those angle cylinders look really close to the pivot point. I seem to recollect most v plows to have the cylinders farther away from the pivot point.

12. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

im liking what i see on these arctics, simple and functional. i also like the TiN coated cylinders. i can see how the double acting cylinders are a benefit compared to spring return, but when you retract the wings at the same time your lifting the plow does it slow everything down?

13. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

We'll see.
    I will take and post some video like in my other threads as soon as I am finished the install.

14. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

Just checked out their site, they have a 7 year warranty. That is awesome closest dealer to me is in IL.

15. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

Yep, 7 years.
    3 years on all electrical ( lights, wiring, controller, etc ) and 7 years on all the structure.
    Once a year you must have hydraulics flushed and all electrical connections gone over by a Arctic dealer and warranty must be registered at time of sale or with in 60 days after purchase.
    I have s**d and install 5 Arctic since 1/4/2011.

Here is the warranty:

Arctic Snowplows Warranty
    ARCTIC Snowplows are guaranteed to be free from defects in material or workmanship under
    normal use and service for 3 (three) years after the date of purchase (hydraulic power system,
    hoses, hydraulic cylinders, controllers, wiring harnesses, lights, blade frame, blade moldboard,
    A-frame, quadrant, lift frame and vehicle undercarriage) and an additional 4 years on the
    structure only (blade frames, A-frame, quadrant, lift frame, vehicle undercarriage and
    weldments)
    Arctic Equipment Manufacturing Corporation will replace or repair, at its election, without
    charge, any part which becomes defective within the period of time described.
    Warranty does not apply to paint deterioration, expendable parts, such as pins, springs, cutting
    edges, bushings, shoes, blade guides, seal beams, light bulbs, nuts and bolts or tightening nuts
    and bolts which are considered normal maintenance.
    Warranty for installation errors and omissions shall be the responsibility of the selling dealer and
    Arctic Equipment Manufacturing Corporation will not be responsible for any damage caused by
    improper installation by others or for any damage caused by abuse, misuse, negligence,
    accidents, failure to maintain proper fluid/lubrication levels, or operation of the plow without
    shoes.
    In no event shall Arctic Equipment Manufacturing Corporation be liable for claims for loss of
    use or consequential damages.
    This warranty is made only to the original purchaser. There is no other warranty expressed,
    implied, or statutory.
    Arctic Equipment Manufacturing Corporation reserves the right to change specification without
    prior notice.

Customer Responsibility
    The loaded vehicle, including all after market accessories, the snowplow, passengers and cargo,
    MUST NOT exceed the gross vehicle weight ratings (GAWR), front gross axel weight rating
    (FGAWR) or rear gross axle weight rating (RGAWR) specified on the Safety Compliance
    Certification Label located in the driver's side door opening. It is the operator's responsibility to
    verify that these rating are not exceeded.
    To determine the Gross Axle Weights for your vehicle, including all after market accessories, the
    snowplow, passengers and cargo, take your loaded vehicle and the snowplow to a scale. With the
    snowplow attached, place the front wheels of the vehicle on the scale to get the front gross axle
    weight (FGAW). To get the rear gross axle weight (RGAW), place the back wheels of the
    vehicle on the scale.
    The addition of ballast weight placed rearward of the rear axle may be required to prevent
    exceeding the FGAWR and provide good vehicle breaking and handling. When ballast is
    required it must be secured behind the rear wheels in a manner, which prevents it from sliding
    during normal driving.
    The customer must register their snowplow with Arctic using the available registration card
    found at the owner’s manual within 60 days from the day of purchase. This registration card
    can be mailed, faxed or emailed, or the customer may choose to register using the online
    registration system found on the Arctic Snowplows website.
    In order for the customer to be eligible for warranty every year, the snowplow, inclusive of all
    components, must be returned to an authorized Arctic dealer every spring for preventative
    maintenance. Failure to do so will nullify any future warranty claims

Replacement parts installed by Arctic dealer will be covered 90 days under the warranty or
    balance of original purchase warranty, if greater than 90 days.
    Disclaimer notice
    Arctic Equipment Manufacturing Corporation (Arctic) does not assume liability for damage to
    your motor vehicle resulting from the attachment or use of an Arctic snowplow. The purchaser
    assumes all vehicle risk associated with the attachment and operation of this snowplow.
    The Arctic snowplow you purchase must be used only on vehicles equipped with the
    manufacturer=s snow plow preparation packages. Snow plowing without the original plow
    preparation package may damage your vehicle. The added weight may impair the operation and
    control of your vehicle. Snow plowing with a vehicle not recommended for that purpose by the
    manufacturer may void your new vehicle warranty. If your vehicle is not equipped with an
    original snow plow preparation package, additional equipment may be necessary before snow
    plowing. Please consult your vehicle and snowplow dealers prior to the purchase and
    installation of the snowplow. The installation of such parts however is not a full substitute for the
    original equipment snowplow preparation package.

16. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice looking plow. I've only seen a few pictures of them before. Its really tough lookin.

17. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

The center V hinge is extremely heavy and thick.
    They use six extra large, greasable structural bushings with a 1 3/16" rod/pin for their hinge.
    This is a lot different then the Boss V -plows.
    The Boss has smaller, ( but more , nine ) bushings for the hinge, but some of them are cast and are not a large structural bushing.
    Please don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the Boss V-plows.

[​IMG]

18. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

19. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member

Now onto the candidate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. 2robinhood

2robinhood Senior Member