1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Arched Stake Bed Cover ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawnscape89, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Can anyone tell me where I can locate a supplier for an arched tarp / cover setup for a stake bed? I'm referring to the type that has several arched rails in the bed with a tarp streched over it. I've seen them in several styles going down the highway, but don't know where to find one. :confused:

I'd like to get one for the winter to keep the snow off of my supplies when the sidewalk crew is out. Kind of like a box truck with out having to buy an extra truck!

2. BobC

BobC Senior Member

Don't know of any but I would try searching the truck equipment suppliers on the web or a body company that probably put on the stake bed and cover you saw.

3. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I use Custom Canvas located here in Buffalo. Look around in your area, for places that make tents and tarps.

4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Try an over the road trailer dealer...

Look up a trailer truck trailer dealer in your area (Great Dane,Fruehauf,Ravens,etc(Sp) )they should be able to get you the bows, pockets etc..

5. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

up in Central NJ there is Blanchard Custom Tarps.

6. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Bed cover

I made one for my 91 Ford FSD by using electrical conduit and a conduit bender. I welded 6" pieces of pipe to the top rail of my dump bed and the conduit slips right in. I goes up about a foot higher than the cab. Strap a tarp on it and it works great. I use a mesh tarp for leaf season. No reason a nylon or canvas wouldn't work great as well.